Electrum Payments (Pty) Ltd (“Electrum” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
We may collect and use personal information we obtain from a variety of sources to deliver targeted and relevant marketing to you and to position and promote our services and products. Our marketing will be conducted as permitted by applicable law.
The personal information is provided by the data subjects or is retrieved from our website, the internet, public sources or from the contribution of relevant data from other users and business partners.
For purposes of this policy, Electrum is the data controller/end user of the personal information obtained and determines the purposes and means of the processing of the personal information. Any third parties that handle your personal information in accordance with our instructions are our service providers and are “data processors.”
Our marketing interactions are not directed to persons under 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18.
We will only contact individuals by electronic means (including email) or by telephone based on consent given or on our legitimate business interests, as permitted by applicable law. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way please make use of the available opt-out options, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can object to direct marketing at any time and free of charge.
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will only be if you consented to the processing thereof or if processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate business interests pursued by Electrum or by a third party. To qualify as a legitimate business interest the offer presented to the data subject by Electrum or by a third party needs to be relevant to them.
In terms of applicable law, you have the following additional privacy rights (where applicable):
- Right to withdraw consent. For any consent-based processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent. A withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing or the processing of any third parties based on consent before your withdrawal.
- Right of access/right of portability. You may have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you, and in some limited circumstances, have the personal information provided to you so that you can provide that personal information to another data controller.
- Right to rectification. You may request to correct any of your personal information in our files.
- Right to erasure. In certain circumstances, you may have a right to the erasure of your personal information that we hold on you.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information at any time and as permitted by applicable law if we process your personal information on the legal bases of: consent or legitimate interests. We may continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defence of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
- Notification to third parties. When we fulfil your individual rights requests for correction, erasure or restriction of processing, we will notify third parties also handling the relevant personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
We shall take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that all personal information that is processed by us shall be secured against being accessed or read by unauthorised parties, using appropriate security safeguards.
We may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your personal information within the time limits imposed by applicable law, if any, upon request.
It should be noted that this policy complies with the provisions of the following legislation:
- General Data Protection Regulation for personal information held and managed on European Union (“EU”) residents in EU member countries (not citizens); and
- Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 for personal information held and managed on South African citizens and residents.
If you have any additional questions on our privacy practices, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.