We often write about our client-centred approach and supportive team culture, but it was affirming to hear it from someone else! After just a few weeks on the job, Account Manager Lydia Senekal gave her impression of a distinctive ‘Electrum Energy’ she picked up in the office.
I observed a unique ‘Electrum Energy’ from my new colleagues and I can’t help but marvel at how this vibrant work culture has been created and maintained. I immediately felt at home and soon discovered that:
- Trust and transparency are a real thing here, and this translates into a feeling of mutual respect for all in the team, regardless of position.
- Offering value to customers is the ultimate goal and this is achieved through detailed and thorough solution engagements between team members.
- ‘Find a better way’ is a guiding principle which filters through to everything that we do.
- Weekly company meetings are a safe place to discuss goals, celebrate wins, and learn from failures. Quarterly team getaways are carefully planned to ensure that we are on track for our goals and that everyone is working to a common outcome.
- A healthy lifestyle and work-life balance is essential to Electrum, and therefore strongly encouraged: Flexible working hours, nutritious team lunches every day, bike storage and showers so people can cycle or run to work, a company-sponsored book club that encourages continuous learning, and an Uber account to keep us safe for work-related travel. Well-behaved pets are even welcome to the office – a win-win perk that reduces stress all round.
- Of course, even the coffee was carefully picked to fuel the high-functioning, high-energy team!
All of these things have contributed to a wonderful start to the next chapter in my career. Working with motivated and dedicated people, who continuously strive for doing the right thing, creates value for our clients, Electrum, and ourselves every day. I cannot wait to settle in and help to reach our customers’ goals by leveraging the great Electrum Energy!