In light of the recent announcement by President Cyril Ramaphosa declaring a national state of disaster in South Africa on 15 March 2020, Electrum has implemented the following plan to ensure our co-operation in flattening the curve.
- All meetings have been converted to conference calls using online tools, such as Zoom. In-person customer meetings are discouraged unless absolutely critical. Your regular Electrum liaison will be in contact to discuss the format of your touchpoint meetings.
- Travel, both locally and internationally, has been suspended until further notice.
- With immediate effect, any Electrum staff member who feels that they have been at risk of exposure, or have daily contact with people in their network where such an infection imposes a high risk to them, are working from home.
- We have implemented an educational process to ensure that all staff are informed of the correct hygiene measures, understand the symptoms of, and the severity of, COVID-19.
- We have implemented strong hygiene measures within the office environment should Electrum staff need to be office based. We are also discouraging visitors and large in-person meetings during this time.
- A team within Electrum has been created to keep up-to-date with South Africa’s status of COVID-19. This team will meet daily to ensure that any additional measures are correctly implemented for Electrum and our customers.
Being an adaptable and progressive company that has always encouraged a flexible working environment, we feel Electrum is well equipped to continue offering you the access and service that you know us for. As such, we do not foresee any impact on business processes, including: production support; development and testing; and regular meetings.
As we continue to work together to figure things out during this challenging time, I hope you and your colleagues will be able to take the necessary steps to keep yourselves and your loved ones healthy.