ELECTRUM is a high growth FinTech company based in Woodstock, Cape Town. We’re South Africa’s leading payments software experts and build cloud-based transaction processing tech that is used by major banks and retailers.
We hire extremely smart people and offer great opportunities for personal growth and career progression. Our work environment is relaxed yet results-driven. Side benefits include cool colleagues, a trendy office space, free healthy cooked lunch, regular social events and flexible working hours.
In this role you’ll act as a Project Manager within Electrum’s professional services team, coordinating software development and implementation projects. You will be the key point of contact for major customers (large banks and retailers). You will play a critical role in managing customer relationships and contributing to the on-going growth and success of Electrum. The ability to manage clients, control complex projects, and build strong relationships is essential for this position.
This role is a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join a high growth tech company, and grow with our business. You will have the opportunity to gain deep domain expertise in payments technology and run mission critical projects at some of South Africa’s largest corporates.
To be considered you need to meet the following requirements:
- 2+ years experience as a project manager on software projects
- Strong knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
- >Excellent understanding of the SDLC
- A relevant project management certification such as Prince 2, PMP or APMG
- University degree in IT, Commerce or similar
- Strong interest in technology and the ability to dive into the technical detail of a project
- Excellent customer facing communication skills
Any of the following would be a major advantage:
- Previous experience working in a technology role for a bank or retailer
- Financial technology experience (exposure to payments, reconciliations, core banking or retail systems)
To apply for this position please email your CV and academic transcripts